Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Week #4


Sometimes it is so hard to believe I am a missionary! I have always looked up to missionaries and wondered what it would be like to be one. I can tell you it’s nothing like I expected. Its better! I am so incredibly blessed. The oldest group of missionaries left today which means my district is the oldest group here. HOW DID THIS HAPPEN! In 2 weeks I am leaving for the field and although I am incredibly scared, I am so ready to get out there and get to work! I also wouldn’t mind leaving the mystery meat at the cafeteria behind. Last week we got to go to the temple and I loved every second of it. Santiago has the only temple in all of Chile and so people will sometimes drive 28 hours to come to the temple. I am just realizing how dang spoiled we are back in the states. We had two temples within 20 minutes each way and these people drive for days to get here! So basically I have no excuse to not go like every day when I get home. Ha ha!  So we watch devotionals almost all day on Sunday and I love it. We watched one this week by Jeffrey R. Holland, my favorite, and he told a story that I want to share with you guys. The story was about a bishop teaching his ward that no one was perfect. He asked, ‘who do you know that is perfect,’ expecting no one to answer. Then a woman stood up in the back and said, ‘the missionaries who brought me into this church.’ I bawled when I heard that. This week was crazy though. Someone threw rocks through the windows all over temple square. They broke 5 windows in the CCM and the Hospedaje where we live. But not one window broke in the temple, so amazing! So I have kind of a personal experience I want to share with you guys because I feel like someone may need to hear it. Last week the district older than us went out and did splits with the real missionaries out in the field. When they came back they were glowing! They are all going to Vina del Mar or Rancagua, on their missions but did splits in my mission, Santiago West. When they got back they were telling me how amazing it was but how rough Santiago West is. They said most of the houses were shacks and everything was very dirty. I have to be honest, at first I was a little disappointed. But then a picture of a cute little family popped into my head. A family in my mission who needs me and who I need. I then realized how divine my call is. I was called to Santiago West for a specific reason. It doesn’t matter what it smells like or looks like. God wouldn’t call me somewhere if He knew I couldn’t do it right?! I love this gospel. I wanted to share a little something with you boys. As I have been reading the scriptures more, I have come across something super cool. I have come to realize how many YOUNG men God has chosen to help with His work. He chose David*1 Sam 7/33* out of everyone to fight a giant. He chose Mormon *Mormon 2/2* to lead an army against the Lamanites when he was 16. And he chose Joseph Smith*JS His 1/7* who was 14 almost 15 to restore the gospel. And now He chooses 18 and 19 year old young men to share His gospel. I don’t think you boys understand how powerful and needed you are. Keep working hard Connor, Preston, McKay, Colton and all you other boys out there. God has great faith in you just as He did with many boys before you. I love you all. Have an amazing week and know God is with you always. 


 Hermana Bohling
 Hermana Rockwood

 All Hermanas from AZ!!
 Santiago
Hermana Cronin

No comments:

Post a Comment