Sunday, January 31, 2016

Week #5

So the last few days I have been praying my heart out for courage to open my mouth and talk to the Latino missionaries more. Well, this week all of my roommates from the United States got moved out of my room and Latinas got moved into my room. (All part of President Doll´s plan) It has been extremely frustrating in understanding what is being said and then responding. But I love them so much! Their names are Hermana Jambo and Hermana Acebo and they are from Bolivia and Peru. President told me he had the strongest impression to put them with me and that this is ¨"preparing me for something great". Communicating with them goes something like this...Them: "Hola Hermana.” (And that is all I understand.) Me: "Muy bien gracias! ¿Comó fue su vida? What I meant to say was.... "How was your day?" what I said was, "How was your life?" they laughed and laughed and laughed.
 
This is my last week in the MTC so I thought I would share some of my highlights and what I have learned. I have learned that people in South America are so loving! The Latinas are always hugging you and kissing you on the cheeks, it’s so cute! And the Latino elders are so cool! I have absolutely loved playing soccer with them every morning. We would play at a big park and bunch of little kids would join us and parents would even come watch sometimes. I will never forget how fun that has been. I have loved my teachers SO much and I am seriously considering being a MTC teacher when I get home. (PS. One of my teachers is on the Chilean Voice right now, no big deal.) I have loved going to the temple so much (Doctrine and Covenants 109:22) and have loved getting to know my Savior and the scriptures more. I have loved meeting people from all over the world, they will be friends for life. Every Sunday Presidente has everyone write a 5-minute talk, in Spanish, and then he chooses 5 people to share. Well, this week I played the piano, translated all the announcements from Spanish to English, AND got picked to give my talk. I know this church is true because somehow I managed to give a 5-minute talk in Spanish without losing my mind. Basically I am just super grateful for the MTC and the memories I have had here. I won’t be able to email next Tuesday because I LEAVE FOR THE FIELD! So just know I love this gospel and I love all of you. If you want to pray for me this week I wouldn’t mind. I need all the prayers I can get. Read Doctrine and Covenants 31 this week. This scripture has reminded me that you are all hopefully being blessed for the service missionaries are giving all over the world and it reminds me how important missionary work is. Also read ‘Look Up’ by Elder Carl B. Cook. This talk changed my life! One of my teachers gave it to me because he knew I was upset about learning Spanish. This applies to all of you though so read it please. Have an amazing week everyone!!
                                Elder Willis -  Friend from Oak Canyon Junior High in Lindon
                                                                   P-Day - Empendas
                                                               Two of Alex's CCM teachers
                                                           Her roomates are moving out!
                                                                   Home sweet Home!
                                                                        Alex's District
President and Sister Doll's last day in the CCM

No comments:

Post a Comment