Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Week 8

What used to make me happy... Shopping. Going out to eat. Watching movies. My phone. Family and friends obviously. 
What makes me happy now.. When investigators pray for the first time. When investigators come to church. When investigators quit smoking. WHEN INVESTIGATORS GET BAPTIZED!
I had my first baptism this weekend and it was amazing! Edwin Laines and Juan Mena. I cannot explain the happiness I felt as I saw them be baptized and confirmed members of this church. These men have had hard lives due to bad choices and just because life isn’t fair. They have nothing but are still so happy. They live away from their families, they work harder than anyone I know and  have a tiny room for a house. They are amazing examples to me! My companion and I taught them for 12 days and it was amazing to see their transformation. We were so nervous about telling them about not being able to work on Sundays and tithing because of their money situation but they excepted with no hesitation! As hard as this is, I am so happy. My companion is one of my favorite people on this planet. We have so much fun together and work so hard together. We had hot dogs the other day, yes we eat hot dogs so much here. hahaha God has a good sense of humor. Anyway, a lot of walking and hot dogs don’t go well together and in one of our appointments she totally tooted. We died afterwards. haha After the baptism on Saturday we decided to order pizza to celebrate. Best decision we have made so far. This week has been a good one. I just want to finish with my testimony. I know without a doubt I was called to Chile and more importantly Republica right now. I know this life is the time to become more like our Savior Jesus Christ and I am so grateful for His constant companionship. 
 
Alma 26: 27 through 31
27 Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success.
 
28 And now behold, we have come, and been forth amongst them; and we have been patient in our sufferings, and we have suffered every privation; yea, we have travelled from house to house, relying upon the mercies of the world-not upon the mercies of the world alone but upon the mercies of God.
 
29 And we have entered into their houses and taught them, and we have taught them in their streets; yea, and we have taught them upon their hills; and we have also entered into their temples and their synagogues and taught them; and we have been cast out, and mocked, and spit upon, and smote upon our cheeks; and we have been stoned, and taken and bound with strong cords, and cast into prison; and through the power and wisdom of God we have been delivered again.

30 And we have suffered all manner of afflictions, and all this, that perhaps we might be the means of saving some soul; and we supposed that our joy would be full if perhaps we could be the means of saving some.

31 Now behold, we can look forth and see the fruits of our labors; and are they few? I say unto you, Nay, they are many; yea, and we can witness of their sincerity, because of their love towards their brethren and also towards us.
 
I am honored to be a missionary. Every day is a struggle but every day is good. I love you all and pray for you a million times a day. 
 













No comments:

Post a Comment