Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Week 9

“I prophesy with all of my apostolic authority that Chile will be a beacon of the church in South America. It will be a beacon to the whole church around the world. If we will exercise faith in God and in the future there is no limitation to what the church will be in this country. It is a land of destiny. I leave an apostolic blessing upon the land itself. On the nation of Chile.” Jeffrey R. Holland
 
I love this country! I love the people in this country!
 
This week I experienced my first earthquake, crazy stuff. I am sure it will be my firsts of many and I don’t know how I feel about that. haha So this week we had divisions and the AP for sisters came to MY SECTOR which meant I was the senior companion and had to lead the day, the lessons, everything. I was terrified and felt so inadequate the night before. That night I prayed harder than I think I ever have before. The next day was one of the best days on my mission! We taught 8 lecciones and had 3 new investigators, miracles. That whole day I was amazed at the blessings I was receiving. At night we always have to take the subway home because our sector is massive and its dangerous to walk home in the dark alone. So Hermana Erthal and I go to catch the subway and there is a massive group of men screaming. As we get closer we see a bunch of police men blocking the entrance and men are throwing bricks, glass, everything at these police men. The police start beating men with bat type things and then people begin shooting at the police. Women were sobbing, people were running around like crazy. I have never been so scared in my life. We were trying to call leaders for help but no one would answer so we caught a taxi and got the heck out of Parque O Higgins. I guess Hermana Erthal called and talked to President about our experiences and he might remove us Hermanas from this area for safety reasons. I hope not because people are so humble and are willing to listen more than other areas! Please pray for my success as well as the success of other missionaries all around the world. We need your help, this is hard. Why is it so hard? 
 
“I think missionary work is so hard because salvation is not a cheap experience. I don’t think salvation was ever easy. You cannot be a representative of Christ without walking where he walked, feeling what He felt, weeping as He wept. You are going to have to walk on the edge of Gethsemane.” Jeffrey R. Holland
 
I love you all. But most importantly, I love my Savior. He lives. I know He loves each of you. I hope we can all try a little harder to be a little better. 
PS Please pray for my Neapolitan hair. Its currently red brown and blonde.
 
Love Hermana Beardall
 
PPS   In 2 weeks we get to go to the temple with Juan and Edwin and do baptisms for the dead for their parents and ancestors. How amazing is that? And Elder David Bednar is coming in 2 weeks!

 

 Juan, Edwin, Mercedes and Lizette-all recently baptized
 View from our apartment
 Lunch with our Bishop's Family
 Roof of our apartment

Christmas Package! (2 months late.... but who cares?)

No comments:

Post a Comment