Monday, April 3, 2017

Week 68

Something I have stressed about sometimes on my mission is if I really was supposed to come on the mission or not, if it was really part of Gods plan for me. More and more every day I have been convinced that yes, I was supposed to come to Chile and serve for a reason. I can't even explain all that I have learned and how much I have changed in just 15 months.
I found a scripture the other day that helped me so so much. 
"Even before they were born, they with many others received their first lessons in the world of spirits and were prepared to come forth in the due time of the Lord to labor in his vineyard for the salvation of the souls of men." Doctrine and Covenants 138:56
I know that I along with all the other missionaries have been prepared from the beginning of time to serve missions. I couldn't be more grateful for the opportunity I have to serve my Father in Heaven and His children. I also couldn't be more grateful for conference this past weekend. 
I loved that the same theme seemed to be repeated over and over again. Read, pray, go to church, go to the temple, and serve. I have a testimony that if we do the small things, God will make us into something great. 
My favorite line from conference was, "We come to know Him best by working with Him"
I have truly gotten to know my Savior by working side by side with Him teaching the beautiful people of Chile. I love my Savior. I love you guys too!
Have a good week and keep moving forward.
Hermana Alexandra Kay
 










 

No comments:

Post a Comment