Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Week 17


Another week has come and gone. This week had many trials and triumphs but I am grateful for all of it! I love serving here in Santiago and I love the people I get to serve. I think every missionary dreams of the golden investigator that has no problems, no addictions, and is ready to be baptized. I sure have been hoping for a golden investigator until this week. I realized those that have the most problems and addictions need the gospel the most. Most of our investigators smoke or have problems within the family and I wouldn’t want it any other way. Christ spent most of His time with the poor in Spirit and the sinners. I know everyone here is a child of God. This week an investigator got super heated during our message and started asking a bunch of questions to trick us. He was basically just being a huge stinker. At this time I was so filled with the Spirit and said in perfect Spanish, (translated for all you gringos) "I don’t know a lot of things Rick (fake name to protect his identity) My Spanish is pretty bad and I am only 19 years old. But Rick, I know one thing. I know Jesus Christ loves you and I know this is His church. I know He wants you to be happy and that is possible through this gospel." He was completely quiet for a while and then told us to come back next week and teach him more. I am so grateful for the Holy Ghost and I know missionary work is impossible without it. I hope we all can have a little more compassion this week and not judge each other. We all have our own problems and are hurting in our own ways. I LOVE YOU GUYS. Have the best week of your lives! 

Hermana Beardall
Cute houses we saw today.
 
 
District Meeting
 
 
I officially teach English in my ward now. The best night ever!
 
 
SNOW ON THE ANDES!
 
 
A session in the temple-My favorite place on earth! 
 
 
A picnic in the park
 
 
 
 
It rained a ton this week. This is me smiling through the tears! Ha Ha!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment