Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Week 18

This week was easily the craziest week of my life. It hasn’t stopped raining for 4 whole days! It rained so hard yesterday we had to stay inside after church. The city is flooded and because of landslides, the drinking water is bad and we were without water for 2 days. But we are seriously SO blessed. I have never been so grateful for my Father in Heaven as I have been this week. My companion and I for a whole month have been praying and fasting, fasting and praying for a baptism on the 9th or 16th of April. At the beginning of the week we were so upset because we had no one for the 16th. Tuesday night we were visiting with one of our investigators, Norma and her spouse Francisco, who is less-active. We talked about baptism with them and began talking about his baptism. He didn’t remember much and didn’t remember ever being confirmed. I didn’t think much of it but when we left, my companion hurried and called the office to have them search for his registro de bautismo (I literally don’t remember this word in English, sorry. haha) Long story short, the elders couldn’t find anything saying he was confirmed so they told us that he needed to be baptized again. We visited with him the next day and explained the situation and he said, "It’s okay, I want to be baptized again!"

Then, on Saturday morning we were told we couldn’t have a baptism because there was NO WATER in all of Santiago. We prayed and prayed and prayed and water turned on right before the baptism!!! Seriously such a miracle, God is so aware of us.
 
Funny story of the week. This week during our zone meeting a man broke into the church and began stealing a mini fridge. Elder Checketts, a senior missionary, thought he was a repair man and began helping him. He literally helped some man rob the church. Poor guy. haha This week was cambios.... And I am in Parque O Higgins for another 6 weeks with Hermana Galeano! She finishes her mission here with me. We are so excited to work together and hopefully experience more miracles together. HAVE AN AMAZING WEEK FOLKS 
Francisco's Baptism



 
 
Eggs and Fruit
 
 
Me and 'Elder' Galeano
 
 
RAIN!




We finally have food again!


Republica Zone

 
Girl Power!
 
My District together for the last time!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment