Thursday, September 22, 2016

Week 40

This last weekend I hit my halfway mark on the mission and I am filled with so many mixed emotions! But the emotion I have felt the most is complete gratitude. I had no idea the effect a mission would have on me when I made the decision to serve. I can honestly say that the mission has been the best decision I have ever made and I am so grateful that I took the leap of faith and just did it. And this is basically the purpose of my email today. To all of you who are wondering if the mission is for you, just do it. Start your papers now and go! I promise that you will never regret it. I am not saying it is going to be easy or even fun at times. You are going to be cold, and rejected, and exhausted. But you also are going to laugh, feel the Spirit, find friends for life, and gain a testimony that will change your life. I can honestly say I am the happiest I have ever been! I have had companions from Argentina, Colombia, and the US. who will forever be some of my best friends. I have seen many of my friends enter the waters of baptism and change their lives for the better. I have a whole other family here with the ward members who have taken me in like a daughter. And most importantly, I have truly gotten to know my Savior through reading my scriptures and praying to Him more than I ever have before. I hope all of you can read "The Miracle of a Mission" from Jeffrey R. Holland in 2000. 
 
"This is hard work. Its the hardest work you will ever do. That's why I say its the most important work you will ever do. I think these two go together. Its hard work, but every day, in every way, it will get better and you will feel the Spirit of the Lord. You will know He loves you and the language will come, and baptisms will come, and you will make new friendships, both with your companions and with investigators and with ward members."
 
Like what you read? That's just a sample... Go read this talk!
 
On another note, this weekend was the 18th of September which is like the 4th of July for us. But these Chileans start Friday and party hard til Sunday. I have to say, this was the funnest weekend of my whole mission. I ate more meat and empanadas than I would like to admit. Then Saturday night I was washing my feet when a Rincon spider (Chilean Recluse) bit my foot.. The most poisonous spider here. I left to the emergency room at 11 at night and spent most of the night at the hospital with my mission president and his wife. I have a testimony that God protects His missionaries because I am perfectly fine. Just a mear flesh wound..ha 

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE SUPPORT THIS PAST 9 MONTHS. For all the letters, emails, and packages I have received. I miss you all but there is no place I would rather be. 
Love Hermana Beardall
Indapendencia De Chile!!
 

 

 
 
My New Chilean dress!


 
 
 
 


 Our festive little abode.




 Packages!
 
 
 Viva Chile!

 
 
 


 
It was only a matter of time before something bit me here.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment