Sunday, September 4, 2016

Week 37

I struggled more this week than I ever have in my whole mission. We did not enter a single house contacting this week and many of our investigators have no longer wanted to listen to us. On Saturday it was freezing cold and we had been outside all day long. My companion started to cry and I told her to have faith to knock one more door. We did and the woman said, "Son mormonas? NO ME GUSTA." We left and at this point we were both crying. We sat in a park bench and cried for a good 5 minutes and then we prayed together. In this prayer I asked at what point we had to suffer and when we would receive help. No miracle happened when I finished praying. We didn't open our eyes and find 10 people pleading to hear the gospel or receive a phone call from an investigator telling us they wanted to be baptized. We only received the strength to keep going, and for me that was enough. 
I know God isn't going to make the mission easy just because I am faithful and work hard because we are here to be tested. How can I expect this to be easy when it was never every easy for Jesus Christ? 
As frustrated and sad and discouraged as I felt this week, I have a testimony that this is the Church of Jesus Christ and that the Book of Mormon changes lives every day. And with this testimony, I find the strength to do one more day. I know that God visits us in our tribulations in His own due time and with His gospel, nothing is impossible. 
I love you all and testify that Jesus understands your trials and your triumphs and will never abandon you. For those who are struggling this week, this month, or ever this year.. know that I love you and I am praying for you! But even more important, your Father in Heaven loves you. And remember, that after the storm comes the rainbow.
DONT YOU QUIT. YOU KEEP WALKING. YOU KEEP TRYING. THERE IS HELP AND HAPPINESS AHEAD.
Hermana Beardall 
Santiago Temple
 
 
 
 
Hermana Bedoya
 


 
 
Braving the cold! 

 



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment