Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Week 23

'For whosoever will save his life shall lose it, but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospels, the same shall find it.' Mark 8:35 and D&C 103:27

I have got to be perfectly honest with you guys. When I first started my mission, I feel like I lost myself. I lost my friends and family. I lost my regular clothes and blonde hair and social media. I lost my sense of humor because I didn't know how to tell jokes in Spanish (I still don't..haha) I really felt like I didn't know who I was for a little bit. But like this scripture says, whoever loses themselves for the gospels sake, will find themselves. I can honestly say that I have found myself on the mission. In 6 short months I have learned more about myself than EVER before. I have learned what I want from life and what I need to do to get it. I have learned the importance of putting God first and watching everything else fall into place. One of my good pals Brad Paisley said, 'Sometimes when you lose yourself its really just as well. Because you find yourself, that's how you find yourself.' 
I promise that when we sacrifice ourselves and our time, we will be more blessed than we can imagine. I am sooo blessed. And all of you are so blessed. I think you would all be blown away to know how many people here dream of living in the U.S. All of my friends from Haiti are working extremely hard right now to one day live in the U.S. I cant begin to describe the love I have for the people here. I have the slightest taste of how God feels for each of us by serving His children here in Chile.
This week was great as Roosvelt was baptized. The first Haitian baptized in our ward. He kept saying to me, 'This is the best day of my life. I am so happy!'
I am so grateful for the opportunity to be here in Santiago Chile and for every person I have gotten to know. I have a firm testimony that God knows each of us and has a plan for each of us. 
I love you and pray for each of you daily.
Let us all press on in the work of the Lord!
Heart Hermana Beardall
 
My House!
 
 
 
Roosvelt's Baptism (Baptem in Creol)
 
 
 
Roosvelt in his new church clothes
 
 
 The best day ever. Papa Johns with Prez
 
Fiesta after the baptism
 
Roosvelt and Markenzy with their 50 pamphlets and Livro de Mormon 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment