Friday, August 5, 2016

Week 33

We are officially in August and I am officially freaking out.. The times is going by so quickly. This week I feel like I got hit, okay maybe beaten with a humble stick. I had an allergic reaction on my scalp to some shampoo I used and had to wear a beanie every night while my head soaked in vinegar. Doctors orders..
My pal Marta who just turned 89 told me I looked ill and needed a back massage (pictures below) 
Some man asked me, "What are you even speaking? German?"
It just kept coming all week. And when it was Friday and I about hit my breaking point, I had a heart to heart with myself. I started thinking why I am really here. I realized I am not here for my looks or to learn Spanish perfectly. I am here in Chile doing something at times that isn't all that fun or easy because I love my Savior and want to serve Him for such a small sliver of my life.
My favorite scripture right now is in St. John 21: 15-17.
"Hermana Beardall, lovest thou me more than these?"
I said unto Him, yeah Lord thou knowest that I love thee. 
He said unto me, Feed my lambs.
He said to me again, the 2nd time, Hermana Beardall, lovest thou me? 
I said unto Him, Yea Lord thou knowest that I love thee. 
He said unto me, Feed my sheep.
He said unto me the third time, Hermana Beardall, lovest thou me?
And I said unto Him, Lord, thou knowest that I love thee. 
Jesus then said, Then feed my sheep.
 
"I need someone to save my sheep and feed my lambs. I need someone to preach my gospel. Do you love me more than you love all this? Then feed my sheep and do it forever." Jeffrey R. Holland
 
I love my Savior more than I can even say and I love His gospel more than I love "all this"(Forever 21, my iPhone, Cafe Rio, my bed) 
For this, I am here doing something not all that easy. 
I love the mission more than I can say. It is preparing me for life. I wouldn't trade it for anything.
I LOVE YOU
Hermana Beardall
Cupcakes with Joaquina
 
 
 My pal Martha



Selfie
 
 
 Pamela, one of my investigators, knows I love cheddar cheese and bought me some because it is hard to get here.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment