Friday, August 5, 2016

Week 32

I had such a good week!! This week I was able to finish the Book of Mormon in Spanish for my first time and it was incredibly hard. I made it a goal to finish it in Spanish because we were given a promise that if we finished it in a different language, we would be able to speak the language better. I testify to that! Learning a new language is the most humbling thing I have ever done. Being 19 years old and not being able to express how you feel or tell a story is super frustrating. But I am so grateful I am serving here in Chile and that I have this opportunity to learn Spanish. I have had to humble myself to a completely different level and trust in my Savior to help me. I always say to myself, "Do your best and God will provide the rest."

This week we also had a baptism! Janson was baptized on Saturday and it was such an amazing experience. Janson is 21 and we found him knocking doors on kind of a gloomy day. Ever since that day, he has taught me more about faith and perseverance than almost any other person.
 
I was reading stories about my ancestors this week to realize how easy my life really is...haha and I found a quote from my great great great grandma that applied perfectly to my life right now. "I have forsaken my native land, and my beloved ones, and have come here to be in obedience to the call of the Lord and to keep and fulfill his commandments better. I rejoice and feel happy to be a member of the church of Jesus Christ. I thank God, my Heavenly Father, for the blessings he has given me." (written after her two babies passed away and she buried them at sea)
 
I really am just overwhelmed with gratitude for all I have and the opportunity I have to serve my Savior. I know He knows us personally and is always ready to come to our rescue. We only have to ask.
I love you!! 
Hermana Beardall
 
I made my companion breakfast.
 
 
I miss the wedge.
 
 
Jansons baptism
 
 
 The birthday of Janson's new life! 
 
Our bishop baptized Janson.
 
Joquina and Janson
 
 
 
 
 'Poopies!'
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment