Sunday, November 6, 2016

Week 45


Los Heroes is a huge sector full of possibilities but it’s also very wealthy. Everyone has huge homes here but are never in them because they are always working. When people finally come home at 8 or 9, the last thing they want to do is listen to two Hermanas talk about Jesus. For a lot of people here, their God is money. I have struggled in this sector at times but I have always known I am here for a reason. This last week we went into the mission office and a few of the elders started talking to me. They asked what sector I was in and when I said Los Heroes they are were saying negative comments. I left feeling so discouraged. We ended up contacting the whole rest of the day and didn’t enter a single house. We trudged home and I prayed the whole walk home. Just then my district leader called and said, "Hermana Beardall. I want to read you a scripture. Ether 12:37….

“And it came to pass that the Lord said unto me, If they have not charity it mattereth not unto thee, thou hast been faithful. Wherefore, thy garments shall be made clean. And because thou hast seen thy weakness thou shalt be made strong, even unto the sitting down in the place which I have prepared in the mansions of my father." I heard that and just started bawling. I knew then God is aware of me. He is aware of His children here in Los Heroes. And even though some of His children don’t accept Him, He loves them still. 

I want you all to know I know this gospel is true. I can promise you I would not willingly let people yell at me and slam their doors in my face and say horrible things to me If I didn’t have a testimony of what I am doing here. I know God loves me enough to sometimes let me go through hard things. He gives me trials to make me stronger.

I talked to my mission president today and he said, “Did you ever think before your mission you would be talking to strangers all day about Jesus with a Bolivian woman?" I have to admit, that thought never crossed my mind. hahaha

I know God is aware of us all. 

 I LOVE YOU ALL

New workout jacket :)

Bougainvillea - Reminds me of home!

Teacher from the CCM
 
I LOVE CHILE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment