Thursday, March 3, 2016

Week 11


This week was nuts. First off, I got to go to the temple with Juan and Edwin to do baptisms for the dead and it was so amazing. I didn’t know it was possible to be so happy! And afterwards when we were taking pictures I got to see Hermana Lively!! I said a little prayer I would get to see her but I knew the chances were so small. Well I have a testimony that God really does care about the smallest mundane things in our lives because I got to see her. We both cried, a lot. haha I love her and know she will be an amazing missionary!! This week a lot happened but the funniest was lunch with Hermana Rivera. For those who may have noticed I am a little rounder around the edges, yes I have gained a few pounds. It is all due to the cute women in this ward who feed us so much food.. Hermana Rivera is in her 60’s and feels that because we walk all day we need enough food to last all day. You would not believe how much food she fed us and if we didn’t finish it, she would be so upset. So my companion and I came up with a strategy. My companion would point to a picture on the wall and ask about it while I rapped some food up in a napkin and threw it in my backpack. We did this the whole meal. Pictures for evidence. Good times I tell you. haha this week flew by with a whole lot of ups and downs but overall I am just so grateful. We had a conference this week with Elder Bednar and his wife and she said, "Be the kind of missionary your mother thinks you are." I have a lot of work to do! I know this church is true with all my heart. Elder Bednar said. "No human being could create this gospel. It is not possible for a human mind to create something that could bring happiness to people in Chile and Mongolia. China and the United States." I know this is true! I would just like to close with words of wisdom from my brother Preston. Short people got all the reason to preach. Truer words have never been spoken! Til next week. Love you all.

Hermana Beardall
 
 Lunch with Hermana Rivera- Evidence!
 Hermana Lively
 My Comp and her love for Connor
 My feet this week- We did more walking than ever!
 What I look like during the day
 We tried making pancakes
 My Comp and I
 Our zone with all of our recent converts-8!
 
The temple with Juan and Edwin. The paper Juan is holding is his certificate for the priesthood.
He is so proud of it and wanted it in all the pictures.
 
 Newly baptized members in our ward.

No comments:

Post a Comment